The student program Innovations in Smart Anything Everywhere – INNO-SAE 2020 is a joint initiative of the Center for Technology Transfer and Innovations – INNOFEIT and the University Students Assembly at the Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje to showcase the students’ innovation capacity. The idea is to stimulate students to work on innovative ideas that may be prototyped and further on develop their entrepreneurial skills. The program is open for all students from the Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje (UKIM) and seeks original ideas that have a multidisciplinary approach in providing a smarter environment for different applications.
PROGRAM RULES IN A NUTSHELL
- The program INNO-SAE 2020 solicits submissions from student teams with preferential treatment of interdisciplinary teams formed from students studying on different faculties of UKIM.
- The student teams can be up to 5 students.
- Each team submits an idea with clear elaboration (objectives and outcomes) and a list of necessary equipment and consumables for realization of the idea into a viable proof-of-concept.
- The ideas must show innovation component and have sufficient novelty.
- A selected jury of people from academia, industry and business support organizations will select teams that will proceed to the development of a prototype
- INNOFEIT in coordination with UKIM will select a mentor for each of the selected teams. The mentor will be responsible for monitoring the development work and guaranteeing the development of a proof-of-concept solution.
Detailed program rules can be found here.
WHAT WE SEEK
WHAT WE OFFER
- Each of the selected teams will be reimbursed up to 30.000 MKD for the equipment and consumables costs for the development.
- The developed proof-of-concept solutions by the selected teams will be presented in the latter part of 2020.
- All teams that will be transformed into startups will receive support from INNOFEIT to prepare applications for funding from domestic and international sources.
NETWORKING AND ORIENTATION DAYS
These events will be timely announced through relevant channels. All interested students are invited to participate and gain more information regarding the program INNO-SAE 2020.